The National Health Students’ Association of Ghana(NAHSAG) is set to organize the biggest ever summit for health students in Ghana. The much anticipated event organised under the auspices of president Franklin Nyanzu is set to bring together health students from all over the country and Africa to deliberate on issues geared towards the Goal 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals Agenda 2030.
The event is set to come off at the University of Ghana from 26th June to 29th June.
More details below :
PRESS STATEMENT ON INTERNATIONAL HEALTH STUDENTS SUMMIT TO TAKE PLACE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF GHANA, LEGON.
INTERNATIONAL HEALTH STUDENTS SUMMIT.
Phone: +233 241737833
15TH MAY, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAHSAG TO ORGANISE THE LARGEST HEALTH STUDENTS SUMMIT IN THE HISTORY OF GHANA
The International Health Students Summit 2019 [IHSS19] being organized by The National Health Students Association of Ghana [NAHSAG] in collaboration with College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana will be a gathering of health students, health professionals, Healthcare Specialist, Health Economists, Public Health Professionals, Scientists, Researchers, policy makers, and financiers across the world to contribute to the discussion of health policies, addressing challenges and contributing to the efforts of achieving all targets towards quality universal health. The IHSS will be the largest health students and professionals gathering to be hosted in Ghana. The summit will be held from 26th to 29th June 2019 at the Bank of Ghana Auditorium, University of Ghana, under the theme: “Towards Achieving SDGs Agenda 2030: The Significance of an Integrated Perspective in Healthcare Delivery”
The Summit will provide a platform for health students and health professionals world wide to meet ministers and government officials, country directors of some agencies, heads of health regulatory bodies, people of the academia, and other relevant stakeholders to network and exchange ideas. The summit through a mixture of series of interactive workshops and plenary sessions will bring to the fore the crucial issues affecting students and professionals and take actions with key partners.
1. To promote active discussion and dialogue among researchers, policy makers, donors and implementers on how to best translate evidence from research and intervention programs that have proven to be effective, into sustainable and well-informed policies.
2. To share research results and innovative ideas that are key in driving and achieving SDG 3.
3. To present an opportunity for key stakeholders to consider the relevance of research in designing future national and international health strategies.
4.3 EXPECTED RESULTS
1. The vision of the IHSS is to endow global health students with the necessary education and information synergies which would enable them to contribute globally to all the efforts that is geared towards achieving the SDGs 2030 agenda, goal 3 in particular.
2. In line with the objectives of IHSS agenda 2030 and the globally agreed SDG goals, young people will collaborate to form sustainable partnerships to drive health consciousness and to create an enabling environment that reassures of a younger generation that is conscious of a healthy lifestyle.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS SUMMIT
Meet over 700 participant from Ghana and across the world, learn, have fun and network.
Over 30 Speakers, Panelist and Technical Experts from top notch health institutions and the industry.
Over 20 Press and Media with international coverage, minute by minute update.
Over 10 Mentors from industry facilitating 6 skills acquisition workshops.
Major events to take place at IHSS 19
4.Dinner and awards night
Visit www.nahsag.org to register to participate in this historic summit.
Umar Faruk Mohammed
(Chairperson, LOC, NAHSAG)
Prince Danso Tenakwah
(General Secretary, NAHSAG)