Are you having challenges with how to print your NSS appointment letter? if yes, you are the reason why we have put together this simple yet comprehensive guide.
The National Service Scheme, NSS Appointment Letter 2022/2023. The National Service Scheme (NSS) Appointment Letters for 2022/2023 have been released.
The management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has released online the Appointment Letters of Service Personnel for the 2022/2023 service year. Successfully posted Personnel should follow the below procedures to obtain their Appointment letter.
Still having challenges on how to check and activate your pin code before registration? Our guide here will assist with the step-by-step way to do that.
The objectives of the National Service Scheme are to:
1. Encourage the spirit of national service among ALL segments of Ghanaian society in the effort of nation-building through active participation.
2. Undertake projects designed to combat hunger, illiteracy, disease, and unemployment in Ghana.
3. Help provide essential services and amenities, particularly in towns and villages of the rural areas of Ghana.
4. Develop skilled manpower through practical training.
5. Promote national unity and strengthen the bonds of common citizenship among Ghanaians.
The Act mandates the Scheme to mobilize and deploy “any person to whom the Scheme applies to be engaged, full time, in any of the following fields”:
e. Local Government
g. Rural Development, including surveying, physical planning, civil engineering, and rural industries
h. Youth programs
i. Any other field that the Board may prescribe from time to time.
Any such person shall comply with the directions of the Board.
How to Print NSS Appointment Letter
Below are the step-by-step guide to print your NSS appointment letter;
- Visit the NSS posting portal through https://portal.nss.gov.gh.
- Write the email you used during registration and password on the spaces provided and click sign-in to access the portal.
- Once logged in, enter your NSS number and click the search button.
- The results will display your posting letter, and you can scroll down further to reveal everything you require. You will spot a button saying, Click here to print posting letter.
- Once clicked, your posting letter will appear with all the details.
- You can now download and print the NSS appointment letter to have your physical copy.
After that, What’s Next?
1. Now take the appointment letter which has the User Agency form attached to it to the organization you’ve been posted to (user agency) for the letter to be signed by either the Head of the organization, Head of Department, or the HR Director with the company’s official stamp.
Please go early. You’re not the only one who’s been posted and you may be bounced.
2. Now that your letter has been endorsed, go back to the NSS site, log in, look on the dashboard and click Regional Registration Appointment. You’d be asked to schedule an appointment by selecting the date and time suitable for you, for your Regional Registration aka manual registration.
Note: if you don’t book online, you won’t be attended to at the regional zonal registration centres.
3. Now go to the regional zonal centre which is the NSS office in the region you were posted to, on the date and time you specified, for you to be registered into their system. Make sure you take your endorsed form, a valid national ID, passport picture, school ID, and for those going to public sectors, your E-Zwich card. Go prepared so nothing gets sprung up on you.
4. After your registration, you’d be given a Regional Acceptance Number (RAN). Go back onto the NSS website, print your appointment letter again (this time it will have your RAN). Simply print 3 copies and send one to the NSS District office, one to the place you were posted to and keep the last one.
Note: If you’re rejected by the company you were posted to, just take a release letter from them and go to the NSS office to be reposted. If you still haven’t been posted at all, head over to the NSS office too.
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the National Service Scheme (NSS) by visiting the official website via http://nss.gov.gh or +233-302-772714, +233-302-772714, 6 Patrice Lumumba Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra.