The National Service programme is a compulsory one-year service required of all citizens of Ghana who are 18 years and above, at the time of deployment.
In this guide, we are going to explore how to check and activate your NSS Pin Code before proceeding with your registration.
If you are having a challenge on how to active NSS Pincode, your at the right place for all your need to know to active your pin code and proceed to register.
Why National Service?
The objectives of the National Service Scheme are to:
1. Encourage the spirit of national service among ALL segments of Ghanaian society in the effort of nation-building through active participation.
2. Undertake projects designed to combat hunger, illiteracy, disease and unemployment in Ghana.
3. Help provide essential services and amenities, particularly in towns and villages of the rural areas of Ghana.
4. Develop skilled manpower through practical training.
5. Promote national unity and strengthen the bonds of common citizenship among Ghanaians.
The Act mandates the Scheme to mobilize and deploy “any person to whom the Scheme applies to be engaged, full time, in any of the following fields”:
e. Local Government
g. Rural Development, including surveying, physical planning, civil engineering and rural industries
h. Youth programmes
i. Any other field that the Board may prescribe from time to time.
Any such person shall comply with the directions of the Board.
How To Check And Activate NSS Pin Code Before Registration
Activating your PIN Code prior to registration for your national service obligation have been simplified . The process takes less than five minutes to complete. Please follow the instructions below:
- Visit the link https://portal.nss.gov.gh/
and prefix your Index Number / student ID number and Date of Birth in the space provided and “SEARCH”
- A bio data of your pin code, full name, Institution, Course of study and year of enrollment will be given. Kindly copy the pin code.
- The next thing is to use your pin code as reference in payment for its activation.
The use of MTN Mobile money and Agricultural Development Bank Ltd. (ADB) are preferred.
How to activate NSS PIN with MTN Mobile Money
- Kindly dial *170#,
- Choose option 2 for “PAY BILL”
- Choose General Payments (Option 6)
- Enter Payment code as – NSS PINCODE (type NSS, put a space, then type your PINCODE). The menu will return to your name for confirmation.
- Enter deposit amount (GH¢41.00).
- Enter “NSS” as reference
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
- You will receive a message to confirm the transaction, then you can proceed to NSS Registration
The above is a comprehensive guide on how to check and activate your NSS Pin Code before registration. We hope you love it. Kindly do us a favour by sharing this article with your colleagues to help them active their NSS Pin Codes.