Ghana is a West African country with a land area of about 228,533 square kilometers and over 30 million population. Before the year 2020, Ghana had ten (10) Regions.
Ghana held a referendum to create new Regions on December 27, 2018, and voting took place in all forty-seven (47) districts selected to be part of these new Regional creations. This election recorded 99% yes votes in all regions and turnouts ranging from 80-90%.
This turnout brought about the creation of six more new Regions, which led to the division of some already existing Regions.
How Many Regions Are In Ghana?
There are 16 Regions In Ghana. We have created a dedicated page that goes much into this topic here for your reference.
Regions In Ghana
Below is a list of all the regions in Ghana and their capitals
- The Northern Region – Tamale
- The Ashanti Region – Kumasi
- The Western Region – Sekondi
- The Volta Region – Ho
- The Eastern Region – Koforidua
- The Upper West Region – Wa
- The Upper East Region – Bolgatanga
- The Central Region – Cape Coast
- The Bono East Region – Techiman
- The Greater Accra Region – Accra
- The Savannah Region – Damango
- The North-East Region – Nareligu
- The Oti Region – Dambai
- The Western North Region – Sefwi Wiawso
- The Ahafo Region – Goaso
- Bono Region – Sunyani
In this blog post, we answered that there are 16 regions in Ghana.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with all your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications so that you don’t miss important updates like this.
Have thoughts to share about this page? Let us hear from you in the comment section.