Applications are open for interested Ghanaian postgraduate students for the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s GNPC Foreign Scholarship 2021/22 to study abroad.
The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship is a highly selective full scholarship offered to Ghanaians to further their studies abroad. The awards are for masters and PhD studies.
GNPC Foreign Scholarship 2021 Eligibility
- Applicant must be Ghanaian.
- Preferred study areas are Mathematics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Special-needs education.
- Have obtained admission to undertake masters or PhD program.
- Must hold a first degree of at least second-class upper (for Masters applicant), and relevant postgraduate qualification (for PhD applicant).
- Be permanently resident in Ghana.
- Be available to start your academic studies by the start of the academic year you are applying.
- Not pursuing a PhD or Masters degree at the time of application.
- Applicants holding an offer from Tuition free universities are highly preferable
Value of GNPC Postgraduate Scholarship To Study Abroad
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare to and from your home country to the country of study and back after studies.
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Book Allowance
- One-time Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Dissertation allowance
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), were approved.
How to Apply for GNPC Foreign Scholarship 2021/22
Interested applicants need to fill out the application form not later than the date stated above and must attach the following documents.
- A Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (PhD applicants).
- Copy of Passport biodata page
- Letters of recommendation from home institution and company – Letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead.
- Proposal (PhD applicants).
- Letter of acceptance from the host institution.
- Academic Certificates
- National Service Certificate
N.B Keep a printout of the completed application form.
About Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) is the state agency responsible for the exploration, licensing, and distribution of petroleum-related activities in Ghana. The corporation was established in 1983 to replace the Petroleum Department which was an agency under the Ministry of Fuel and Power.
The department was responsible for the importation of crude oil and petroleum products for the Ghanaian economy.
Meanwhile, the mandate for oil exploration was held to be the Technical Directorate of the Ministry of Fuel and Power and the Geological Survey Department.
The corporation was created to promote the Government of Ghana’s objective of supplying adequate and reliable petroleum for the country and the discovery of crude oil in the country’s territories.
Also, the corporation has amongst its functions to promote petroleum exploration activities, to appraise existing petroleum discoveries, to ensure that Ghana benefits the most from the development of the country’s petroleum resources.
The corporation promotes the training of Ghanaians in petroleum-related activities and ensures environmental protection in all petroleum-related activities.
Apart from the petroleum-related services, GNPC has also continuously carried out her corporate social responsibility amongst which includes the provision of scholarships to students across Ghana to pursue their education to a higher level in the various area of study.
Why Ghana National Petroleum Corporation(GNPC) Scholarship 2021
The GNPC scholarship is a full scholarship to Ghanaian students that have gotten admission into Ghanaian Public Tertiary Institutions across Ghana but also needs Financial support.
Women in Engineering and Geosciences or have gained admission to read Degree/Postgraduate degree Programmes in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Agricultural Sciences, Special Education, Environment, Health and Sanitation.
Other important aspects will include women in engineering, brilliant and needy students, those with physical challenges as well as, oil and gas courses pursuant get to enjoy some preference during the selection process.
For more information, visit the GNPC Foreign Scholarships.