The Ghana Education Service has finally published the 2020 Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) into Senior High Schools and Technical and Vocational Education and Training Schools (TVETS).
In a statement issued by the Service, out of the total number of 533,693 registered candidates, 494,530 candidates qualified to be placed.
Whilst 343, 264 of the candidates were automatically placed in one of their choice of school, 151,266 qualified candidates could not be matched with any of their choices.
The Service has therefore instructed such students “to do self-placement to select from available schools.”
Parents and students can now check their school placement online now.
School Placement 2021: Follow These Guidelines To Check
1. Obtain a placement pin code form an approved vendor.
2. After obtaining a pin code log onto the site www.cssps.gov.gh
3. Enter the ten-digit index number and add 20 as the year of completion. E.g.: 123456789020
4. Enter the pin code details (serial number and pin)
5. Click on submit and wait for placement to show up
6. Print the form if you have been placed and visit the school to begin the admission process.
However, for the 151,266 qualified candidates who could not be matched with any of their selected schools, GHS noted that they will be redirected to the Self-Placement Portal where they will be asked to answer some questions.
“Management of Ghana Education Services wishes to assure all students, especially, those who could not be matched with their choices during the automatic placement, parents and the general public that all schools with vacancies have been uploaded on the portal for students to select from during self-placement without hitches,” the statement added.