The West African Examination Council has commenced registration for candidates hoping to sit for its private examination.
BECE NOVDEC 2023 Registration is open for candidates who want to better their grades in the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
Notes For The Guidance Of Candidates
Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding to register for the examination. Registration for the examination is both biometric and online for candidates who have taken
BECE before and also those who are 16 years or above.
Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at internet cafés with the requisite equipment to commence registration. Candidates may subsequently continue the registration process on their own after the capture of fingerprints.
It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that their fingerprints are captured. Without the fingerprints of the bona fide candidate, the registration is null and void.
Please note that the website for the online registration is:
BECE Private Registration 2023 Portal
- Open the registration website; www.waecgh.org
- Select link to BECE (PC).
- Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
- RE-SITTERS- provide index number for last sitting and continue.
- FIRST-TIMERS- provide your date of birth and continue.
- Fill in the required security data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Select your Region and then Centre (where you wish to take the examination).
- Upload your image (recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your signature (written in blue or black ink).
- Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
- Print your voucher and send to any of the banks listed in item 14.
- Print your Declaration Form for endorsement by your parent/guardian and submit same to the WAEC office in your region.
- Pay the appropriate fees at the participating banks or through mobile money.
- Use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice
BECE Private Registration 2023 Eligibility
Re-sitters – This consists of candidates who previously sat for BECE but could not make the required grade(s). Candidates must provide their previous index numbers and the year they sat for the examination.
Nb: school candidates are not permitted to enter for this
Dates for the examination
The examination will start on 12th April and end on 16th April, 2023. Access the timetable by clicking on the ‘Timetable’ icon on the website. Carefully study it for your guidance in the choice of subjects.
Entry period and submission of entry documents
The schedule for the acceptance of entries is as below:
11th January – 28th February, 2023 (16.00 GMT)…Normal registration and payment. 1st March – 19th March, 2023 (16.00 GMT). Late registration and payment. You may contact us at any of our offices listed below:
Greater Accra Region
National Examination Administration Department (NEAD)
Tel: 0302-208201-9 ext. 2274
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Koforidua
Tel: 03420-20075/ 20921
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Cape Coast
Tel: 03320-32878/ 37086
Western / Western North Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Sekondi
Tel: 03120-46041/ 46334
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Kumasi
Tel: 03220-34449/ 34452
Bono / Bono East / Ahafo Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Sunyani
Tel: 03520-24462/ 27016
Volta / Oti Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Ho
Tel: 03620-26164/ 28254
Northern / North East / Savannah Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Tamale
Tel: 03720-22854/ 23092
Upper East Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Bolgatanga
Tel: 03820-23232/ 24267
Upper West Region
The Branch Controller, WAEC, Wa
Tel: 03920-20588/ 22278
Your 12-digit index number will be generated by WAEC and may be accessed online from 1st April, 2023 using your Invoice Number.
Candidates should ensure that their names are correctly entered.
SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME and then the MIDDLE NAME (if any).
Full name should not exceed forty (40) characters.
For example: DOTSEY-BRUCEMAN ALBERT KOFI should be entered as
D O T S E Y – B R U C E M A N A L B E R T K O F I
Candidates with hyphenated names should ensure that the hyphen is properly indicated.
NB: Candidate’s surname and first name should be written in full.
Date Of Birth
Candidates should ensure that their correct dates of birth are entered. Requests for change of date of birth will not be entertained after release of results.
E-Mail Addresses and Telephone Numbers
Candidates should ensure that they provide correct e-mail addresses and telephone numbers that are active. The Council will correspond with candidates via their e-mail addresses or telephone numbers provided. Candidates shall be given logins and passwords to access their results.
WAEC will not take responsibility for any wrong data
You are required to select any number of subjects from one to a maximum of nine.
- English Language
- Social Studies
- Religious & Moral Education
- Integrated Science
- Basic Design and Technology Options (choose only one)
- Home Economics
- Pre-Technical Skills
- Visual Art
- Ghanaian Language and Culture Options (choose only one)
- Twi (Akuapem)
- Twi (Asante)
- Information and Communication Technology
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any candidate write an option in BDT or Ghanaian Languages and Culture that he/she was not registered for. NO RESULTS would be processed for the candidates in the unregistered subject.
Candidates should note that there will be no continuous assessment score component for the examination.
Barred candidates who register for the examination before the expiration of their sanction shall receive no results and any fees paid shall be forfeited.
(1) Subject Fees
The subject fees are as follows:
4 subjects or more subjects … GH¢212.29
3 subjects … … … GH¢193.56
2 subjects … … … GH¢176.40
1 subject … … … GH¢156.11
Correction of Entries
After submission of entries, candidates who wish to make any change(s) between 11th January and 28th February, 2023 will pay the following charges:
- GH¢50.00 where applicable for correction of centre, name, gender, address, picture or substitution of subject.
- For addition of subject(s), fees as stated in 12 (1) above will apply.
Entries made between 1st March and 19th March, 2023 will attract the following penalties:
- Late Entry: One and half (1½) times the total entry fee;
- Substitution of Subject(s): One and half (1½) times the subject(s) fee;
- Addition of Subject(s): Twice the subject(s) fee;
- Correction of name, gender, address, picture or signature: GH¢50.00.
List of Participating Banks
Candidates may pay their registration fees at any branch of the following banks:
- Zenith Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Ecobank (Ghana) Ltd
- Bank of Africa (Ghana) Ltd
- United Bank for Africa (Ghana) Ltd (UBA)
- Prudential Bank (Ghana) Ltd (PBL)
- Access Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Consolidated Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) [For only candidates in the following
- regions: Eastern, Oti, Volta, Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East and
- Upper West]
Payment By Mobile Money
Candidates may also pay directly from their mobile money account by using the short code *944# on any communication network.
Refund Of Fees
The West African Examinations Council, does not undertake to refund fees paid for its services. However, if notice of withdrawal of candidature is received before the start of the examination, consideration may be given for the refund of fees paid solely at the discretion of the Council.