In this short article, we will share with you the engineering courses in KNUST and how you can qualify for admission. Engineering is one of the prestigious courses to read at the university.
There are several opportunities here…
We are hopeful that by the time you are done reading this article, you will have appreciated the enormous advantage of students reading engineering at KNUST.
Many students in senior high schools desire to enter the University, hence the competitive nature of its admission.
Because KNUST is a predominantly science-based university, It is competitive to gain admission for engineering courses.
This article will explore the various engineering courses that students can study at KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
We will also touch on the admission requirement, and the cut off points you need to meet to qualify for admission.
Because the university keeps on adding courses, it will best that you check the dedicated page for the KNUST Cut off point to have a fair idea for the cut-off points for all the engineering courses.
Below are the Engineering Courses in KNUST
Undergraduate Engineering courses at KNUST
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering
- BSc. Chemical Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Geomatic Engineering (Geodetic Engineering)
- BSc. Materials Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Computer Engineering
- BSc. Aerospace Engineering
- BSc. Petroleum Engineering
- BSc. Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc. Geological Engineering
- BSc. Biomedical Engineering
- BSc. Petrochemical Engineering
- BSc. Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc. Automobile Engineering
- BSc. Industrial Engineering
- BSc. Marine Engineering
Postgraduate Engineering Courses At KNUST
- Master of Science Geotechnical Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Geotechnical Engineering
- Master of Science Road and Transportation Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Road and Transportation Engineering
- Master of Science Water Resources Engineering and Management
- Master of Philosophy Water Resources Engineering and Management
- Master of Science Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Philosophy Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Science Structural Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Structural Engineering
- Master of Science/Master of Philosophy Geomatic Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Master of Philosophy Telecommunications Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Power Systems Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Computer Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Chemical Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Environmental Resources Management
- Master of Science Materials Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Materials Engineering
- Master of Science Agricultural Machinery Engineering
- Master of Science Agro-Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science Bioengineering
- Master of Science Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- Master of Science Soil and Water Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Agricultural Machinery Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Agro-Environmental Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Bioengineering
- Master of Philosophy Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Soil and Water Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Intellectual Property (MIP)
- Master of Science Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science Renewable Energy Technologies
- Master of Science Geophysical Engineering
- Master of Philosophy Geological Engineering
Note: If you know of any other engineering course not captured, kindly reach us via the comment section below.
General Admission Requirements For Engineering Courses Offered At KNUST
An applicant for admission to a degree Programme in the University must have CREDITS in the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), and CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its equivalent relevant to the chosen Programme with aggregate 24 or better (WASSCE: A1- C6/SSSCE A-D) D7, E8 & F9 ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ADMISSION PURPOSES.
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in THREE Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
Advanced Level/Mature Applicants
Applicants must have FIVE credits at the GCE O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics (or its approved equivalent), plus passes in at least THREE subjects at the Advanced Level/Three Credits in the case of mature applicants. In addition, the applicant must fulfil the appropriate Faculty or Departmental requirements.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects plus THREE (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme of study.
We believe that we have explained in detail every necessary information you need to know about the engineering courses offered at KNUST, admission requirements and the minimum cut off point.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications to avoid missing important posts like this.
Have thoughts to share about this page? Let us hear from you in the comment section.