If you are looking for the courses at KNUST Obuasi Campus | Courses offered at KNUST Obuasi Campus, then you are at the right place.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology(KNUST) has officially commenced the running of selected undergraduate courses at its new Obuasi Campus.
This comes after the government accepted the Assets Relinquishment Plan of AngloGold Ashanti to pave the way for the start of the proposed Obuasi Campus of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
The KNUST Obuasi Campus for the mean time run nine undergraduate programs/courses.
List of Courses At KNUST Obuasi Campus
Here are the full list of courses offered at KNUST Obuasi Campus.
1. BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
2. BSc. Civil Engineering
3. BSc. Materials Engineering
4. BSc. Metallurgical Engineering
5. BSc. Mechanical Engineering
6. BSc. Geomatic Engineering
7. BSc. Geological Engineering
8. BSc. Environmental Science
9. BSc. Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
10. BSc. Business Administration (Human Resource Management/Management)
11. BSc. Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
12. BSc. Business Administration (Accounting/Banking and Finance)
13. BSc. Nursing
14. BSc. Midwifery
15. BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology
WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE//IGCSE (Cambridge) ‘A’ & ‘O’ LEVELS/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) CANDIDATES
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN MAY/JUNE, 2019 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR, GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
GCE/IGCSE Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE/IGCSE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
OR, ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview. OR,
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR,
HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Universities affiliated to KNUST
- Accra Institute of Technology
- Akim State University College
- All Nations University College
- Central University College
- DataLink University College(DLUC)
- Garden City University College
- Ghana Telecom University College
- Ho Polytechnic
- Osei Tutu II Institute for Advanced ICT Studies
- Regent University College
- Spiritan Institute / Spiritan University College
- Cape Coast Polytechnic
- Accra Polytechnic
- Almond Institute
- Sunyani Polytechnic
- St. Karol School of Nursing
- Wisconsin International University College
- Presbyterian University College
- Pentecost University College
- Radford University College
- Anglican University College of Technology
- Mountcrest University College
- Brother Tarcicius Prosthetics and Orthopaedics Training Centre
- Medicare College
- Physiotherapy and Orthotics Training School
- Fountainhead Christian College
- Heritage Christian College
- St. Margaret College
- Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- KAAF University College
- Ensign College of Public Health
- Kessben College
- Akim State College
- Princefield College
- Technical University College of Tamale
- Mountcrest University College
- Institute of Local Government Studies
- Institute of Development and Technology Management
The KNUST Obuasi campus is no different from the other campuses in terms of the vision and mission of the university as well as the calibre of education and standards it is known for. However, the KNUST Obuasi campus, for the most part, offers mining and engineering-related courses.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants must purchase an e-Voucher at any Ghana Post Office
The e-Voucher contains Login ID or an application ID, and PIN that will grant access to the online admission portal.
Applicants should then proceed to the online admissions website at; apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions and begin the application process.
Once the process has been completed, applicants must print out one copy of the completed online application form, and submit them to the Deputy Registrar Academic Affairs, KNUST together with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates and transcripts)
Cost of Application E-voucher: GH¢ 220.00
Deadline for the submission of application forms is Wednesday, 31st November, 2021
For more information contact:
+ 233 500482807
+ 233 240130946