In this short article, we will share the general arts courses offered in KNUST and how you can qualify for admission.
We are hopeful that you will have appreciated the enormous advantage of students reading general arts by the time you are done reading this article.
Many students in senior high schools desire to enter the University, hence the competitive nature of its admission.
Because many people are reading general arts, It is competitive to gain admission at the best science and technology university in West Africa because of the number of applications it receives.
This article will explore the various courses that general arts students can study at KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
We will also touch on the admission requirement, and the cut off points you need to meet to qualify for admission.
Because the University keeps on adding courses, it will be best to check the dedicated page for the KNUST Cut off point for all the general arts courses below.
Below are the general arts courses offered at KNUST
- BA. Economics
- BA. Geography and Rural Development
- BA. Sociology
- BA. Social Work
- BA. Religious Studies
- BA. History
- BA. Political Studies
- BA. French and Francophone Studies
- BA. Communication Studies
- BA. Linguistics
- BA. Akan Language and Culture
- BA. Culture and Tourism
- BA. English
- BSc. Business Administration ((Human Resource Management/Management)
- BSc. Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
- BSc. Business Administration (Accounting/Banking and Finance)
- BSc. Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
- BSc. Hospitality and Tourism Management
- LLB (4 years for WASSCE/SSSCE Holders)
- LLB (4 years for Degree Holders only) (Fee Paying only)
- BSc. Architecture
- BSc. Construction Technology & Management (Building Technology)
- BSc. Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Building Technology)
- BSc. Development Planning
- BSc. Human Settlement Planning
- BSc. Land Economy
- BSc. Real Estate
- BSc. Fashion Design
- BSc. Textile Design and Technology
- BSc. Ceramic Technology
- BSc. Metalsmithing and Jewellery Technology
- BA. Integrated Rural Art and Industry
- BA. Publishing Studies
- BA. Communication Design (Graphic Design)
- BSc. Agriculture
- BSc. Natural Resources Management
- BSc. Landscape Design and Management
- BSc. Agricultural Biotechnology
- BSc. Agribusiness Management
- BSc. Forest Resources Technology
- BSc. Aquaculture & Water Resources Management
Note: If you know of any other course not captured, kindly reach us via the comment section below.
General Admission Requirements For General Arts Courses Offered At KNUST
An applicant for admission to a degree Programme in the University must have CREDITS in the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), and CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its equivalent relevant to the chosen Programme with aggregate 24 or better (WASSCE: A1- C6/SSSCE A-D) D7, E8 & F9 ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ADMISSION PURPOSES.
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in THREE Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
Advanced Level/Mature Applicants
Applicants must have FIVE credits at the GCE O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics (or its approved equivalent), plus passes in at least THREE subjects at the Advanced Level/Three Credits in the case of mature applicants. In addition, the applicant must fulfil the appropriate Faculty or Departmental requirements.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects plus THREE (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme of study.
We believe that we have explained in detail every necessary information you need to know about the general arts courses offered at KNUST, admission requirements and the minimum cut off point.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications to avoid missing important posts like this.
Have thoughts to share about this page? Let us hear from you in the comment section.
Can a CRS general art student do business administration?
Yes, you can read any of the Business Administration courses in KNUST. Kindly check their corresponding cut-off points.
Can I use my electives (geography , government and elective mathematics to apply for business administration without using economic?
My results , English c4, core maths b3, science b3, Government c4,Geography c4 and Asante Twi B3. Pleased can i offer business administration in KNUST.
Good day, Musah. Kindly below a link to the cut off points for KNUST.
Thanks for visiting our website.
Can a general art student offer BSc. Computer Science
No, please. Thanks