The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results of candidates who sat for the WASSCE for the School Candidates, 2022 in Ghana.
This follows the completion of all post-examination processes.
The results for the schools would be dispatched to their schools.
Students who desire to check their results online can do so now, the communiqué indicates.
In a statement on Wednesday, the Council’s Head of Public Affairs, Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, disclosed that the entire results of some 3,667 students have been withheld.
According to her, the move is to facilitate the investigation into various cases of examination malpractice detected during and after papers.
“The scripts of candidates from 194 schools in certain subjects have also been withheld and are being scrutinized.
“The withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of the investigations,” she explained.
For those whose results have been published, Mrs Teye-Cudjoe said the Council will provide login details to Heads of schools to enable them to print their candidates’ results.
She also noted that the results have been made available online, as such, “candidates who so desire, may access their results at the Council’s website or dial the short code *944#.”
She, however, warned candidates against using dubious means to change their grades.
According to her, “all WAEC results are secured and can be authenticated. Institutions are, therefore, urged always to verify results presented to them to expose incidents of forgery.”
A total of 446,352 candidates, made up of 221,439 (49.6 %) males and 224,913 (50.4 %) females from 965 schools sat for the 2022 WASSCE in September.
The figure, according to WAEC, is 18.8% higher than the 2020 figure of 375,763 who took the exams.
However, a total of 3,545 (0.79 %) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.
How to Buy WAEC Result Checker using MTN Mobile Money
- Visit ResultsChecker.com.gh with your smartphone or PC
- Choose the card type you want to buy. eg: WAECDirect Results Checker
- Enter the number of cards you want to buy and the amount will be automatically calculated
- Click on “Buy Now”
- You will be taken to a new screen where you enter your name and phone number (Card details will be sent via SMS to the phone number you enter here)
- Click on “Proceed to Payment”
- On the next screen, choose Mobile Money and enter your MoMo number. You’ll be sent an OTP to confirm.
- Confirm the payment on your phone.
- You will instantly receive an SMS with the WASSCE Results Checker PIN and Serial and instructions to check.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with all your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications so that you don’t miss important updates like this.
Have thoughts to share about this page? Let us hear from you in the comment section