The University of Cape Coast (UCC) graduate entry medical programmes (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) admission forms for the 2021/2022 academic year has been released by the management.
The UCC Gradute Entry Medicine is a degree programme for students who have pursued a science related course and want to further their education to become Medical doctors.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified First Degree Holders for admission into the Graduate Entry Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) programme of the University of Cape Coast for the 2021/2022 academic year. The programme is a full-time residential programme and will begin in January 2022.
- SALES CENTRES
Ghanaian applicants are to buy online application e-vouchers at a cost of Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH ¢220.00) at the following sales points:
- All Branches of Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), GCB Bank, Prudential Bank and Zenith Bank (Mode of Payment – CASH)
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals – (Mode of payment – POSTAL ORDER)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi. Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Apostle Dr. Baidoo Avenue (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road), Millennium City, Kasoa (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment (GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
The application for international applicants is Free.
The deadline for the sale of e-vouchers is Friday, 15th October, 2021.
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Applicants should visit apply.ucc.edu.gh for further instructions.
- BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in a science-related programme with a minimum of a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) obtained from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Pass an entrance examination to be held on Monday, 15th November, 2021 and a selection interview to be held on Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th November, 2021 respectively.
- Interested applicants may participate in Preparatory Classes to be organised from Monday, 1st November, 2021 to Friday, 12th November, 2021 at the Amonoo-Kuofi Medical Village to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Such applicants would be required to pay an amount of Nine Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHS950.00) to cover the classes, examination and a meal daily (lunch) during the classes.
- FEE-PAYING APPLICANTS
Applicants should note that the programme is strictly fee-paying.
- SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
- Two copies of completed online application forms accompanied by two copies of results slips should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand. The copies should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 15th October, 2021.
- Applicants are to ensure that application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
- All applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope before posting: (a) application reference number (b) full name (c) postal address.
No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips should accompany completed application forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.